- This event has passed.
Washington State Viticulture Field Day 2017
August 10 @ 8:30 am - 2:45 pm$20
Join us for the 2017 WA State Viticulture Field Day, co-hosted by WSU Viticulture Extension and the Washington State Grape Society.
Pre-registration is required, and closes on August 4th. Space is limited, so sign up early!
Registration at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2990490
2 WSDA Pesticide Recertification Credits will be offered.
8:30 Check-in @ Columbia Crest North Shop Entrance
On HWY 221, north of Columbia Crest Winery. Carpooling is encouraged.
9:00 Introduction & Field Demonstrations
This field day will be a series of rotations. You will be assigned a group at check-in, and that group will determine your station rotation. Station descriptions are below; there will be 30 minutes per station
- Station 1: New Mites in Washington; Native Plants and Pest Management
David James, WSU-Prosser
- Station 2: Scouting Techniques for Vineyard Pest and Disease Management (with Activity) Michelle Moyer, WSU-Prosser
- Station 3: Sprayer Calibration and Nozzle Demo
Gwen Hoheisel, WSU-Extension
- Station 4: Sprayer Trial and Discussion of How Sprayers Work
Margaret McCoy, WSU-Prosser
12:00 Drive to Columbia Crest Winery (<0.5 miles)
12:15 Catered Lunch (Castle Catering) @ Columbia Crest Winery
1:00 Tour Columbia Crest Winery with Tastings! (Must be 21 or older)
Rotations 20 minutes each
- Station 1: Sparkling Production with Paula Eakin\
- Station 2: Chardonnay Production
- Station 3: Red Fermentation
- Station 4: Reserve Barrel Room
2:45 Complete surveys; sign in for pesticide credits.